Social Sciences, Statistics
CBSE Grade 10, ICSE Grade 9
Though the country may appear small, few nations on Earth have had a more colorful history than Japan. Bill Wurtz explains Japanâs rich history.
Students will be able to…
- Demonstrate linguistic competency/proficiency in comprehending, speaking, reading, and writing in Japanese at the ACTFL intermediate-high to advanced levels.
- Critically read and analyze a variety of Japanese primary sources for academic and professional purposes
- Conduct research by engaging in cross-linguistic, cross-cultural, and comparative historical analysis with problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Critically engage with Japanese culture, past and present, recognizing its diversity and vibrancy.
- Navigate a wide range of social and cultural contexts by communicating effectively and appropriately with people of other cultures in their local and global communities.
- Continue their engagement with Japanese language and culture as lifelong learners and users of Japanese.
Suggested Teaching Method
- Show Video
- Set Expectations
- Exercise to elicit thinking
- Discussion with briefing